Who uses IDLE -- please answer if you ever do, know, or teach

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:11:36 EDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Akira Li <4kir4.1i at gmail.com> wrote:
> then a workaround that works out of the box is to run:
>
>   T:\> py -m idlelib -r print_unicode.py
>
> that can display Unicode (BMP) output in IDLE.

But sadly, *only* the BMP. That's enough for most modern languages,
but it's by no means all of Unicode. I'm told there are plans in the
works for improving Tcl and Tk, which tkinter and thus Idle could then
take advantage of, but for the time being, we're stuck on sixteen bit
characters in Idle. :(

ChrisA