Best GUI for Python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Apr 27 03:15:17 EDT 2015

On Monday 27 April 2015 16:55, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:

> YMMV. Is non-BMP needed for any living non-esoteric language? I agree
> that it is a big flaw, but still is useful for very many projects.

Yes.

The Unicode Supplementary Multilingual Planes (SMPs) are used for rare but
still current East Asian characters (which means that some of your Chinese
users may not be able to write their names without it), also some
mathematics symbols (okay, that's *slightly* esoteric), as well as emoji.

None of those uses are critical (unless you have a lot of Chinese users) but
supporting the SMPs should not be considered optional.

--
Steve