[RELEASED] Python 3.5.0a4 is now available

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 10:10:46 EDT 2015

Le mercredi 22 avril 2015 14:21:59 UTC+2, Rustom Mody a écrit :
> On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 1:47:12 PM UTC+5:30, wxjm... at gmail.com wrote:

> > > "European" Windows 7 boxes.
> > > Impossible to install, does not install.
> > > What's going on? No idea.
> > >
> > > At least, I tried.
> >
> > I tried again. More or less all variants (system wide,
> > per user, ...).
> > No luck. Blackbox.
>
> Hey Jmf!
>
> If you want to complain thats ok... its a free world I guess...
>
> If however you want someone to help you with installing, you need to give
> more info:
>
> - What you downloaded
> - What you tried
> - Your system/OS details
> - What went wrong eg backtraces/error messages at console
> - etc
>
> [Not me since I am not messing with 3.5 ATM nor do I have easy access to a
> windows box]

---------

- What you downloaded
python-3.5.0a4.exe (x86). This is the correct one.

- What you tried
Intalling all variants, per user, system wide as administator.

- Your system/OS details
Win 7.0 pro. I deliberatly pointed "European" Windows, because
I know by experience sometimes us-prepared software
are using "localized" dll (and other stuff)  which may lead to a
non woking app. This is not specific to Python and if
I recall correctly this already happen once, I do not
remember exactly the py version, it was.

- What went wrong eg backtraces/error messages at console
If I only kwow! Nothing visible.

It should be noted the installer windows is so small that
the install path is not completely visible!

To remove an installation, I manually and blindly deleted Python stuff
in c:\Users\<user_name>\... The "unsinstaller" is not "installed"
and not available.

I also tried to unpack the "embed" variant which is in my
understanding some kind of a portable Python, manually added
the runtime (the trio vcruntime140.dll, ...) in the installed dir.
Impossible to launch python.exe. If that matters.

I also tried the "alpha3/a3", I downloaded once. No more luck.

- etc
Hard job to be a guinea pig.

To summarize: total black box.