Question about uninstallation.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:34:55 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:
> That's odd advice.
> ... And, while OS X 10.10 Yosemite is still a few weeks away from its
> expected official release data, you can be sure that the current
> releases of Python have been tested with the public beta and with
> developer previews.

It's due to the issues there've been in the past. How can someone who
doesn't know Python be sure of whether an issue is due to the mess
that can happen when two Pythons are installed from different places
(the system Python and homebrew, as is often the case), or is actually
an attribute of Python?

Also, I didn't know Yosemite was that close, so I thought it was still
more in flux. So maybe my concerns were a little ... well,
overcautious.

If someone's willing to state with some degree of confidence that
Python X.Y.Z will work perfectly on OS X 10.10, then there's no
problem.

ChrisA