Flask and Python 3

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:46:38 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:28 AM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick
<kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn’t matter.  Here, have some wisdom, as provided by the top
> Google hit for “video tutorials suck”:

"""The online video medium may be great for bloggers, but when I'm
seeking information, everything else is a distraction."""

Not sure what "bloggers" means here. I blog in plain text, because I
believe it's the best medium for anything of importance. If you're
going to write something and then stand by it, and expect people to
respond with serious debate, text is by far the best way to convey
your point, if for one reason: quotability. Go ahead, make a video
response, and quote something someone else said! Easy, isn't it? No?
Hmm. Would you prefer to try quoting something from a text blog?

http://rosuav.blogspot.com/

Maybe you're offended by my stance on the Bible. Or maybe you think
Alice's Adventures In Down-Under-Land are worth talking about. Or
perhaps you think my review of The Merry Widow is unfair to your
sister's cousin's aunt who was in the cast. You can grab some of my
text, surround it with quote characters, copy and paste the link to my
blog, and make your own point. In five seconds, if you're used to it.
Even if you're really familiar with your tools, I doubt very much that
you can quote a video that quickly.

ChrisA