Flask and Python 3

Juan Christian juan0christian at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:18:21 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <
kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn’t matter.  Here, have some wisdom, as provided by the top
> Google hit for “video tutorials suck”:

Using your link, the first comment from user 'arocks':

" If you have been into teaching you would realize that there are different
kinds of learners. Some prefer verbal material, others prefer more visual,
while some others like written material. The vast majority however prefer a
combination of the above. While you can pour over tutorials on how to use
Emacs; just watching a video of a power user using Emacs gives you a
different impression. It is really a completely different experience.

Sometimes it is faster to produce a set of video tutorials than to prepare
well-written documentation. Hence they make a call. However, I agree that
written documentation is the best medium for long term (i.e. smaller,
searchable etc)

So, rather than asking for one medium of instruction to stop, I would
rather encourage the plurality. Let the end-user pick and choose whatever
he/she likes. "

As the guy said, and many others in the comments agree, "rather than asking
for one medium of instruction to stop, I would rather encourage the
plurality.", and indeed, I prefer plurality, I DO use the official doc, I
don't only see video-tutorials. You don't know me, you don't know my
learning process, so stop imposing what YOU think is right, because what's
right for YOU won't necessarily be for others. No matter what you say, it
won't change, don't try to standardize the learning process, you nor anyone
can do this.

> The thing is, it’s text.  I suppose I could use some text-to-speech
> software to provide you with a video tutorial version of that.

No, you can't, if you think a video tutorial is only that, I'm afraid to
tell that you only saw terrible courses/tutorials in your life.