Example of python service running under systemd?

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:06:48 EDT 2014

On Sep 11, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:

> Depends what you want.

Mine is not a web service. My main.py looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/env python3

import cycle
import pushTelemetry
from threading import Thread

def main():
    Thread(target=pushTelemetry.udpLoop).start()
    Thread(target=cycle.cycleLoop).start()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

It basically creates two threads, one which does some local processing and control, the other which periodically does reporting via udp packets. I use the dual threads because they both work with a shared serial port at times, so I have to synchronize access through that.

What I want is to have this startup, after my board has it’s networking layer up and running (and hopefully a valid ip address by then), and to just keep running forever