Example of python service running under systemd?

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:18:55 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Travis Griggs <travisgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I’ve been reading lots of systemd docs. And blogs. Etc. At this point, I think I would benefit from learning by example…
>
> Does anyone have an example .service file that they use to launch a long running service written as a python program?
>
> If there is any example of what you changed to your python program itself, that to would be really instructional for me.
> --

Depends what you want.  If you are running a Python web app, you can
use uWSGI Emperor, which plugs into systemd nicely and provides a
.service file in the docs (which also ships with the Arch Linux
package).  Otherwise, there are various ways, and this all depends on
how you structure this and your needs.  Use Type=simple and you won’t
need any changes to your program, or use one of the more magical
methods and implement them.  Describe your needs to get more details.
--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://chriswarrick.com/>
PGP: 5EAAEA16