Struggling with python-daemon and subprocess module to work together

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:21:01 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 2:16 AM, Praveen Kumar
<kumarpraveen.nitdgp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am writing a very basic server side application[0] which get data
> from a client and create a virtual machine using provided data and
> also tells client about what's going on during *virt-install* command
> execution. Previously this basic server is executed using *openvt* but
> I thought it would be nice to have a daemon process for it and used
> python-daemon.
>
> Issue I am facing is after some time server will stop sending data to
> client which suppose to happen in #120 and get error message "Cannot
> run interactive console without a controlling TTY" . I am not able to
> figure out issue is occurred due to module or I missed something
> during daemon initialization.

I believe you either want a pty, to make your interactive application
believe it's on a tty, or a redesign.

Here's some Python pty code:
http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~strombrg/pypty/

I imagine pexpect might help too, though I tend to favor going
directly to a pty.

HTH