Quick Question About Setting Up Pytz

ryguy7272 ryanshuell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 22:44:28 EDT 2014

On Saturday, October 18, 2014 3:55:02 PM UTC-4, ryguy7272 wrote:
> I downloaded PYTZ and put it here.
>
> C:\Python27\pytz
>

> Now, in the cmd window, I typed this:
>
> C:\Python27\pytz\setup.py
>

> A text file opens and nothing else happens.  I thought it was supposed to install the PYTZ library.
>

> What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Mark. That makes sense.  I moved the folder to the desktop and I just tried that:
C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\pytz>setup.py install

So, when I run it, the setup.py text file opens.  Nothing runs; nothing installs.  This makes no sense whatsoever.  If I tell a program to install something, it should install something.  It should not pop open a text file.

I'll probably give it until the end of the year, and start learning Chinese.  There's other things I want to do with my time.  I know 10 programming languages.  I thought it would be fun to learn Python, but after 2 months, I still can't run a single line of code.  This language makes no sense whatsoever, and it never does anything that you tell it to do.