Quick Question About Setting Up Pytz

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 16:20:43 EDT 2014

On 18/10/2014 20:54, ryguy7272 wrote:
> I downloaded PYTZ and put it here.
> C:\Python27\pytz
>
> Now, in the cmd window, I typed this:
> C:\Python27\pytz\setup.py
>
> A text file opens and nothing else happens.  I thought it was supposed to install the PYTZ library.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You will end up confusing yourself very quickly if you insist on placing
files in c:\Python27.  Please put them anywhere except that spot, say in
downloads or on the desktop.  Let's assume your desktop is here
c:\Users\ryguy7272\Desktop.  Open a cmd window then

cd c:\Users\ryguy7272\Desktop
setup.py install

should work if and only if you have the file types and file associations
correctly set, please see
https://docs.python.org/2/using/windows.html#executing-scripts

Better still take the hard work out of it by getting pip by following
the instructions here http://pip.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installing.html

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence