Question about PANDAS

ryguy7272 ryanshuell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:00:23 EDT 2014

I'm trying to install Pandas.  I went to this link.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pandas/0.14.1/#downloads

I downloaded this:  pandas-0.14.1.win32-py2.7.exe (md5)
I have Python27 installed.

So, I run the executable and re-run my Python script and I get the same error as before.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Python27/stock_data.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pandas as pd
ImportError: No module named pandas

I thought I just installed it!  Isn't that what the executable is for?  It seems like 100% of my errors are with uninstalled libraries.  I don't understand why there are so, so, so many dependencies running Python.  Also, I don't understand why something isn't installed, right after I just installed it.

Can someone please explain the logic to me?

Thanks.