Question about PANDAS

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 10:19:31 EDT 2014

On 18/10/2014 21:00, ryguy7272 wrote:
> I'm trying to install Pandas.  I went to this link.
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pandas/0.14.1/#downloads
>
> I downloaded this:  pandas-0.14.1.win32-py2.7.exe (md5)
> I have Python27 installed.
>
> So, I run the executable and re-run my Python script and I get the same error as before.
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "C:/Python27/stock_data.py", line 3, in <module>
>      import pandas as pd
> ImportError: No module named pandas
>
> I thought I just installed it!  Isn't that what the executable is for?  It seems like 100% of my errors are with uninstalled libraries.  I don't understand why there are so, so, so many dependencies running Python.  Also, I don't understand why something isn't installed, right after I just installed it.
>
> Can someone please explain the logic to me?
>
> Thanks.

Have you actually run any code from the Python tutorial yet?  You can do
lots of things with Python that require no third party libraries.  In
fact many questions here go "I need a solution to this that must be in
the stdlib".  It strikes me that you're trying to enter an Iron Man
competition before you can crawl.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence