Import Doesn't Import

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Oct 15 22:43:10 EDT 2014

Perhaps you are trying too hard too fast.  When I started Python, after
20 years of on and off experience with multiple languages, I went
through the tutorial (on Dos, no Idle).  It took about 2 hours. Then I
quickly wrote the code I needed for a paid project.

Do stick with 3.4.2, but use the 3.4.2 manual.

On 10/15/2014 8:44 PM, ryguy7272 wrote:

> Either this is the most brilliant thing ever invented,

This, I think.

 > or it's the biggest piece of shit ever invented.

Definitely not.  It is possible that Python will never fit your brain.
But give it a bit more of a chance.

 > All I know for sure, is that it doesn't do ANYTHING
 > that I tell it to do.

Because you have told it to do things like run a program with syntax
error, or import something that does not exist.  I don't know of any
language than does that ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy