How to access Qt components loaded from file?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:15:23 EST 2014

On 11/20/2014 08:06 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> anyway I've attached the working example.

Just a little caveat.  This code is not my original code.  I would not
do certain things that I just noticed, like these lines:

from PyQt4.QtCore import *

I would never do that normally, and recommend that you don't either.  I
might do:

import PyQt4.QtCore as QtCore

for the sake of brevity while preserving the namespace.

Also, while PyQt, being a binding to a C++ library uses camelCase, I
would not use it for my own variables and classes.  I prefer
pep8_compliant_variable_names.

Also I note you are using PySide.  I believe this example should run
with minimal modification to the import statements on PySide