How to access Qt components loaded from file?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:06:06 EST 2014

On 11/20/2014 01:25 PM, Juan Christian wrote:
> **Back to the list
>
> So, as I said the PyQt doc is using C o.0
>
> Yes, I read the tutorials, I'll google for some books and things related.

Okay so I took a long look at the example code that was on stackoverflow
and figured it out.  It's not quite as complete as I thought, and it's
only partially functioning.  I rewrote it to function a little better.
Hopefully it will give you an example.  Working with QThread and then
moving the worker object to that thread is apparently the recommended
way of doing it, but it makes signal handling a two-stage affair.
Basically the worker thread has to notify Qthread that it's finished
using a finished signal which has to be connected to the QThread's
quit() method.  That in turn emits its own finished signal which the GUI
can trap.  It seems a bit convoluted to me.

anyway I've attached the working example.