[OFF-TOPIC] It is true that is impossible write in binary code, the lowest level of programming that you can write is in hex code?

sjmsoft at gmail.com sjmsoft at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:06:46 EST 2014

Grant's statements are correct and his advice is sound.

I would not waste my time writing machine code, even as a hobby (and not even if your other hobbies include juggling chain saws).  It's too time-consuming, tedious, bug-prone, and eyeglass-prescription-enhancing.

Programming in assembly language will show you how the machine really works, and is challenging enough for almost anyone.  And it will help you truly appreciate a powerful high-level language like Python.  I've written much assembly language, on two different architectures, over the past 35 years, and I'm glad I did.  But these days I work in assembly language only when necessary (legacy code).  Give me Python any day!

Cheers,
  Steve J. Martin