[OFF-TOPIC] It is true that is impossible write in binary code, the lowest level of programming that you can write is in hex code?

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:37:24 EST 2014

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 10:19:36 PM UTC+5:30, françai s wrote:
> I intend to write in lowest level of computer programming as a hobby.
>
> It is true that is impossible write in binary code, the lowest level
> of programming that you can write is in hex code?
>
> What is the lowest level of programming computers that you can write ?
>
> Is binary code?
>
> Is hex code?
>
> Is another machine code? Honestly do not know if it is true that there
> is another machine code beyond the binary and hex code.
>
> Is Assembly?

Machines of earlier years had something called microprogramming
below the machine language level.

After the advent of RISC machines (ie for the last 20 years or so)
this is not available to a 'normal' user.
[Where by 'normal' user I mean someone who is not an employee
of Intel for example].
Classic book for this is Tanenbaum's Structured computer organization.

Then below this is a bunch of layers (very remote from programming) which electronics folks deal with going upto the
solid-state physics of silicon