[OFF-TOPIC] It is true that is impossible write in binary code, the lowest level of programming that you can write is in hex code?

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:24:53 EST 2014

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:49:36 AM UTC-8, françai s wrote:
> I intend to write in lowest level of computer programming as a hobby.
>
> It is true that is impossible write in binary code, the lowest level
> of programming that you can write is in hex code?
>
> What is the lowest level of programming computers that you can write ?
>
> Is binary code?
>
> Is hex code?
>
> Is another machine code? Honestly do not know if it is true that there
> is another machine code beyond the binary and hex code.
>
> Is Assembly?

I can't think of any reason why someone would WANT to program in binary/hex machine code.  If you want to program in a language that is as close to the metal as you can get, just learn Assembly.  It will save you many headaches, especially if you're planning on writing for x86 CPUs.  The number of opcodes is absurd without even getting into 64-bit instructions, SSE, etc.