Installing Parsers/Tree Builders to, and accessing these packages from Python2.7

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:41:28 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Simon Evans <musicalhacksaw at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I input 'pip install html5lib' to the Python 2.7 console and got :

>   File "<stdin>", line 1
>     pip install html5lib
>               ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This should be run from your command interpreter - cmd.exe, bash, or
whatever you normally run programs from.

> I am not sure what you mean about 'single line paragraphs'. I put my text
>
> into double line spacing in my last missive, I left the code input/ output
>
> in single line spacing as that is how it reads from the console, after all
>
> who am I to alter it? Regarding 'context' if you are referring to the text
>
> I am using, it is from 'Getting Started in Beautiful Soup' by Vineeth G.
>
> Nair.

Why the double line spacing? I don't get that... and I think that's
what was meant.

"Context" in this context means quoted text from previous posts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style

The parts with the angle brackets at the beginning are quoted text,
providing context for what you're saying.

ChrisA