'Swampy' installation through 'pip'

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 20 09:20:28 EDT 2014

On 20/05/2014 08:11, Ronak Dhakan wrote:
> I have just started learning python from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist. It requires me to install 'swampy'   (http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/swampy/install.html)   which requires me to install 'pip'   (https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/installing.html).   I think I was able to somehow install pip, but am unable to install swampy.
>
> When i run   'pip install swampy'   in windows command prompt, I get an error:
>
> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Ronak>E:
>
> E:\>pip install swampy
> Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using '""E:\Program Files\Pyth
> on 2.7.6\pythonw.exe"" "E:\Program Files\Python 2.7.6\Scripts\pip.exe" install s
> wampy'

Your setup looks wrong, surely that should be python.exe, not pythonw.exe.

I'd recommend reinstalling and use the default settings, putting Python
at the top level of the disk and not in "Program Files", that's another
set of potential set of problems eliminated straight away.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---