'Swampy' installation through 'pip'

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:35:21 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I'd recommend reinstalling and use the default settings, putting Python at
> the top level of the disk and not in "Program Files", that's another set of
> potential set of problems eliminated straight away.

Second this recommendation. I saw some NEWS entries recently regarding
pip and spaces in file names.

If you're on the absolute latest pip, it would quite possibly work,
but I don't know if that works with 2.7, and if so, with which 2.7.x.
Avoid spaces unless you're sure.

In fact, looking at the error messages, I suspect this isn't a
*potential* set of problems, but quite probably the actual problem.

ChrisA