PEP 8 : Maximum line Length :

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu May 15 10:38:23 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> Who of you hasn't sworn at a Web editor that gets the formatting all
> messed up when you have typed a backspace in the "wrong place?"

My current pet peeve is the Gmail composition pane. What a load of
crap (especially in rich text mode).

You set the font to Sans Serif, start typing. Everything is in
Courier. Select All, switch everything to Sans Serif, and it redraw
the text, still in Courier, but in a different version of Courier.
Switch back to plain text mode. It has not-too-helpfully inserted line
breaks everywhere the rich text editor surrounded text with <div>
tags. Go back and delete all of them. Edit your text. Proofread your
text. Switch back to rich text so you can insert the image you wanted
to display. Hit Send.

Haven't we had WYSIWYG editors for about 40 years?

Skip