idle glitch while building python 3.4 from sources

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 15:42:13 EDT 2014

On 5/7/14 1:19 PM, Ned Deily wrote:
> If the Python build (the "make sharedmods" build step) can't
> successfully build the _tkinter extension module (because, for example,
> it couldn't find the Tk headers or libraries), the build step already
> reports that it could not build _tkinter.

hi Ned,   where is the report? Its not obvious; where does one look for
this step output?  I did not see it on my build attempts last night. I'm
assuming its in one of the logs. What would be nice is a final (at the
end) report listing of the modules|extention modules that did not get
built (for whatever reason).

As an aside, the ensure pip is disabled for some reason (I'm reading the
pep, and such, which is confusing). There isn't much to go on from the
build listing about ensure pip either.

marcus