Significant digits in a float?

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 12:29:50 EDT 2014

On 5/1/14 10:53 AM, William Ray Wing wrote:
> I’m surprised no one has jumped in to defend/tout the Dietzgen slide rules
> (which I always thought were the ultimate).  Mine (their Vector Log Log) is
> one of their Microglide series that had teflon rails inserted in the body
> and is still totally stick-free after nearly 50 years.

http://www.marksmath.com/slide-rules/img/ed-n1725.jpg

The above link is nice for the Dietzgen Microglide. It doesn't have the
CF/m DF/m scales, but is a very nice Vector type log log. Most of my
drafting equipment from the same era was Dietzgen; it looked like the
previous video post featured the same/

My dad has one of these; but I can't get him to part with it yet...

marcus