Unicode 7

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu May 1 01:00:43 EDT 2014

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 21:53:22 -0700, Rustom Mody wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:29:23 PM UTC+5:30, Tim Chase wrote:
>> While I dislike feeding the troll, what I see here is:
>
> <snipped>
>
> Since its Unicode-troll time, here's my contribution
> http://blog.languager.org/2014/04/unicode-and-unix-assumption.html

I disagree with much of your characterisation of the Unix assumption, and
I point out that out of the two most widespread flavours of OS today,
Linux/Unix and Windows, it is *Windows* and not Unix which still
regularly uses legacy encodings.

Also your link to Joel On Software mistakenly links to me instead of Joel.

There's a missing apostrophe in "Ive" [sic] in Acknowledgment #2.

I didn't notice any other typos.

--
Steven