unicode as valid naming symbols

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 01:12:28 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> My current diagnosis (with the help of more knowledgeable folks than myself)
> is that its a font problem.
>
> There simply doesn't exist a font (or more likely I dont know of) that
> - is readable
> - is scaleable
> - spans the whole 17*65536 unicode space

For my MUDding, I use a font imaginatively named "Monospace", which
does most of what I want. There are a handful of characters that come
out as the "square with digits inside", but not huge blocks (certainly
not "everything non-BMP" or anything like that). It's fairly readable,
although I don't know about scaling - I run it at 14pt and nowhere
else. Comes with Debian.

ChrisA