unicode as valid naming symbols

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Mar 29 01:32:07 EDT 2014

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

> At least out here:
> - gnu-unifont does not cover things outside BMP

That implies the GNU Unifont contains no characters from outside the
BMP, which is untrue.

Rather, the GNU Unifont's claim to fame is that it covers all characters
in the BMP. But it does contain many characters outside the BMP.
<URL:http://www.unifoundry.com/unifont.html>

So, I'd re-phrase the above caution more accurately as: The GNU Unifont
has complete coverage of the BMP, and incomplete coverage outside the BMP.

--
 \      “People always ask me, ‘Where were you when Kennedy was shot?’ |
  `\                        Well, I don't have an alibi.” —Emo Philips |