Error in PyDev but not in the standard python interpreter

Fabien fabien.maussion at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:40:07 EDT 2014

On 24.06.2014 16:35, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Would be nice if there could be some clear indication that this is the
> official and current repo.

indeed. Also, the install procedure is a bit dangerous for new python
users like me. NetCDF4 is out since 2008, it would be great if SciPy
could support it.

Other related annoying stuff when learning is the good old 2.7 VS 3 problem:

mowglie at flappi ~ $ apt-cache search SciPy
[...]
python-scipy - scientific tools for Python
python3-scipy - scientific tools for Python 3

mowglie at flappi ~ $ apt-cache search python basemap
[...]
python-mpltoolkits.basemap - matplotlib toolkit to plot on map

-> no native python3 package for basemap -> compilation required...

But I'll stick to it. If so many people say it's great for scientific
computing, python must be great right? ;-)