OT: usenet reader software

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:25:41 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Monte Milanuk <memilanuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Other people
> posting from google groups are not malicious/trolls/jerks/spammers - and
> honestly until I started using slrn again, I didn't understand what all
> the fuss was about - gui news readers like Thunderbird handle the
> messages from there just fine.

Look at what happens when GG people reply to messages without
explicitly fixing the quoted text. It comes out all double-spaced.
That's not malice on their part, but eventually, some people just get
sick of it and blacklist all those posts, because it's just not worth
digging through the junk.

ChrisA