OT: usenet reader software

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 00:23:45 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Monte Milanuk <memilanuk at invalid.com> wrote:
> For whatever reason I never really tried tin (or trn).  I might have to
> give them a whirl... though I must say that using slrn seems kind of
> like riding a bicycle... my fingers apparently remember more than my
> brain does ;)

Heh, totally. I go back to an old game for some reason, and my fingers
know exactly what the Quick Save key is. My brain knows that there are
function keys for quick save and quick load in a lot of programs, but
is never sure which is which (and it'd be pretty bad to hit the wrong
one)... but my fingers always get it right. F1 and F4 for American
McGee's Alice, and F9 and F10 for Captain Bible... F6 in C&C Renegade
(that one's easy, there's no quick load)... Ctrl-X in Angband,
although that doesn't quite count... yep, my fingers know them a lot
better than my brain does.

ChrisA