NaN comparisons - Call For Anecdotes

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:34:48 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Anders J. Munch <2014 at jmunch.dk> wrote:
> Joel Goldstick wrote:
>>
>> I've been following along here, and it seems you haven't received the
>> answer you want or need.
>

> So far I received exactly the answer I was expecting.  0 examples of
> NaN!=NaN being beneficial.
> I wasn't asking for help, I was making a point.  Whether that will lead to
> improvement of Python, well, I'm not too optimistic, but I feel the point
> was worth making regardless.

If the reason there were 0 examples is because the group that you
posed the question to is lacking the kind of experience needed to be
able to provide them (speaking for myself, I wouldn't know because I
don't ever do anything with NaN beyond checking for it as an error
condition), then the point hasn't really been made, has it?