NaN comparisons - Call For Anecdotes

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 9 20:57:39 EDT 2014

"Anders J. Munch" <2014 at jmunch.dk> writes:

> Joel Goldstick wrote:
> > I've been following along here, and it seems you haven't received
> > the answer you want or need.
>
> So far I received exactly the answer I was expecting. 0 examples of
> NaN!=NaN being beneficial.

Predictability and ease of diagnosis are the principles at work
<URL:http://stackoverflow.com/a/1573715/70157>. You have already
received examples of those.

If those don't convince you of its usefulness, that's unfortunate, but
at this point you are demonstrating a standard which is both
unreasonably high (even the rationale of the committee doesn't convince
you) and unreasonably low (you ask not for explanations but personal
anecdotes).

Good luck to you in your quest.

--
 \      “Every man would like to be God, if it were possible; some few |
  `\          find it difficult to admit the impossibility.” —Bertrand |