Pragmatic Unicode (was Re: "More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3")

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Jan 6 21:23:24 EST 2014

On 1/6/2014 5:25 PM, Ned Batchelder wrote:

> I do respect you, and all the core developers.  As I've said elsewhere
> in the thread, I greatly appreciate everything you do.  I dedicate a
> great deal of time and energy to the Python community, primarily because
> of the amazing product that you have all built.

Let me add a quote from Nick's essay (see other new thread).
'''Ned Batchelder’s wonderful Pragmatic Unicode talk/essay could just as
well be titled “This is why Python 3 exists”.'''
http://nedbatchelder.com/text/unipain.html

I do not know if Nick's re-titling expression your intent or not, but it
expresses my feeling also. Part of what makes the presentation great is
the humor, which we need more of. I recommend it to anyone who has not
seen it.

--
Terry Jan Reedy