"More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3"

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:56:10 EST 2014

>> I would still point out that "Kenneth and Armin" are not the whole Python
>> community.
>
> I never said they were the whole community, of course. But they are not
> outliers either.  [...]
>
>> Your whole argument seems to be that a couple "revered" (!!)
>> individuals should see their complaints taken for granted. I am opposed to
>> rockstarizing the community.
>
> I'm not creating rock stars.  I'm acknowledging that these two people are
> listened to by many others.  It sounds like part of your effort to avoid
> rockstars is to ignore any one person's specific feedback?  I must be
> misunderstanding what you mean.

To Ned's defense, it doesn't always work to treat everyone in the
community as equal.  That's not to say that those two examples are the
most important, but some people work on core aspects of the field
which are critical for everything else to work properly.  Without
diving into it, one can't say whether Ned's intuition is wrong or not.

markj