"More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3"

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Jan 6 17:53:55 EST 2014

On 1/6/2014 11:29 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> People don't use? According to available figures, there are more downloads of
> Python 3 than downloads of Python 2 (Windows installers, mostly):
> http://www.python.org/webstats/

While I would like the claim to be true, I do not see 2 versus 3
downloads on that page. Did you mean another link?

> The number of Python 3-compatible packages has been showing a constant and
> healthy increase for years:
> http://dev.pocoo.org/~gbrandl/py3.html

This looks like the beginning of a sigmoid adoption curve. I do not
expect to see a peak of 100% unless and until old, dead, Python 2 only
projects get purged (in some future decade, if ever).

--
Terry Jan Reedy