"More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3"

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 18:21:48 EST 2014

On 06/01/2014 23:14, Ben Finney wrote:
> Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> You arrogance really has no bounds.  If you'd have done the job that
>> you should have done in the first place and stopped that blithering
>> idiot 16 months ago, we wouldn't still be putting up with him now.
>
> That is a misdirection; Ned's request that you stop bad behaviour
> (baiting known trolls into responding on a thread) is unrelated to
> Armin's bad behaviour. Don't use the bad behaviour of others to justify
> yours.

Armin isn't our resident unicode expert!!!

>> And as I started this thread, I'll say what I please, throwing my toys
>> out of my pram in just the same way that your pal Armin is currently
>> doing.
>
> We expect everyone to behave well, regardless of whether they start a
> thread or not. Don't use the bad behaviour of others to justify yours.
>
> We know you're better than this, Mark. Please stop.

Fair comment, though I'll confess I feel rather better for having let
off a bit of steam.  At the same time I really must stop being so
defensive of the python ecosytem and its core developers and start
complaining about what they haven't done for me.  My list follows below.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence