what do you get with 1 divide by 998001, interesting results

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 01:49:43 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Everything You Need To Know
<eyn2k at outlook.com> wrote:
> You are now simply arguing a negative point for no apparent reason other than you want to appear correct, I have already admitted my mistake yet you persist with negativity and vitriol, it is quiet childish.

No, it isn't childish. You have admitted to some mistakes, but you
persist in them. Continuing to be negative toward people who continue
to damage the community isn't childish, it's the correct way to
maintain a community. You still have not posted a real name, you still
post using Google Groups (and without fixing its messes), and frankly,
the next step if you continue to behave like this is for us to just
filter you out so we never see your posts again.

What do you mean by "supporting [G]oogle", anyway? Do you mean that
you think you're doing us all a favour by using Google Groups? Because
you are not. There are two large schools of thought regarding GG, and
one extreme minority: lots of people are either ambivalent or strongly
against it, and a very VERY few people like it, and only because it's
convenient *for them*. Posts gatewayed in from Google Groups break a
lot of standards and conventions (there's a difference, btw), and it's
not without reason that quite a few people simply block every post
from that domain. If your purpose in posting is to send money Google's
way, rather than to enhance the Python community, then you are
definitely posting in the wrong place.

ChrisA