Free Video Course + cool exercises

Everything You Need To Know eyn2k at outlook.com
Mon Aug 18 09:30:31 EDT 2014

On Monday, 18 August 2014 22:23:43 UTC+9:30, Chris Angelico  wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Everything You Need To Know
>
> <eyn2k at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> >> [
>
> >> I sincerely hope you're not teaching people to install Python 3.0! But
>

> >> what _is_ the minimum expected version for this course? And what
>

> >> platforms do you support?
>

> > Sorry, I have tried to refer to version of #3.0+ meaning most current version, though I wanted to make it clear we are not using versions of #2 because there is such a big difference between the two.
>

> I figured you'd be getting the latest 3.x, but your course may well
>
> depend on some specific minimum version, in which case you can say
>
> something like "3.3+". But, that plus this comment...

Great suggestion, I will update this. Thank you

> > As for Platforms, we work off the 'IDLE' text editor from https://www.python.org/ for windows, though which text editor you choose really should not matter in this course, except for the text editor.
>

> ... makes me think you're very much Windows specific here. Is that the
>
> case? Normally, "platform" means Windows/Linux/Mac OS/etc/etc.

You are correct in suggesting that the current course is Windows Specific, though as far as I currently understand it only effects conditional imports such as time.clock() into time.time(). Which is a great warning to add suggestions at appropriate times to deal with these.

> > Thank you for your time
>

> Thank you for yours! You've made all those videos... I'm just sitting
>
> here being an arm-chair critic and hoping that it's helpful rather
>
> than offensive :)

Your opinions have value and are constructive. Thank you for your suggestions.