cmd.exe on WIndows - problem with displaying some Unicode characters

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:06:41 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Wiktor <look at signature.invalid> wrote:
>   From colorama I just use one function - init(). Without this
> initialization all those ansii escape characters (used by colorama itself,
> but also by termcolor.colored()) don't work in cmd.exe. At least I couldn't
> make it work.

I dug into colorama's source code, and it seems that "just one
function" is a little dismissive :) When you call colorama's init(),
it replaces stdout with a wrapper that parses ANSI sequences and turns
them into API calls. So, yeah, without that anything that outputs ANSI
sequences isn't going to work.

ChrisA