cmd.exe on WIndows - problem with displaying some Unicode characters

Wiktor look at signature.invalid
Mon Aug 4 13:22:57 EDT 2014

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 03:06:41 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Wiktor <look at signature.invalid> wrote:
>>   From colorama I just use one function - init(). Without this
>> initialization all those ansii escape characters (used by colorama itself,
>> but also by termcolor.colored()) don't work in cmd.exe. At least I couldn't
>> make it work.
>
> I dug into colorama's source code, and it seems that "just one
> function" is a little dismissive :) When you call colorama's init(),
> it replaces stdout with a wrapper that parses ANSI sequences and turns
> them into API calls. So, yeah, without that anything that outputs ANSI
> sequences isn't going to work.

  Maybe I didn't write it clear. :-) What I meant was, that even though I
don't use any other functions from colorama (I color all the strings with
termcolor) - I still have to use init() function from colorama.
  termcolor doesn't want to work alone, even though its described as OS
independent. I guess it works fine on Linux terminal without init()
function from colorama. In cmd.exe I need colorama just for this.

--
Best regards,     Wiktor Matuszewski
'py{}@wu{}em.pl'.format('wkm', 'ka')