Unicode in Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 02:44:03 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> So instead of using λ (0x3bb) we should use  𝝀 (0x1d740)  or something thereabouts like 𝜆

You still have a major problem: How do you type that? It gives you
very little advantage over the word "lambda", it introduces
readability issues, it's impossible for most people to type (and
programming with a palette of arbitrary syntactic tokens isn't my idea
of fun), it's harder for a new programmer to get docs for (especially
if s/he reads the file in the wrong encoding), and all in all, it's a
pretty poor substitute for a word.

ChrisA