Martijn Faassen: The Call of Python 2.8

Albert-Jan Roskam fomcl at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 13:21:56 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

True, but in Debian Linux (so probably also Linux) one needs to install some zlib packages and some other stuff (https related IIRC) before compiling Python (at least with 3.3).

So glad that pip (and setuptools too?) is part of the standard library in Python 3.4 (the zlib error became apparent when installing pip)

Albert-Jan