Mutual respect, tolerance, encouragement (was: UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 30 18:42:30 EDT 2013

> Nikos, I sincerely hope that all these problems cause you to go out of
> business. Preferably right now, with just enough maintenance to last
> till the end of your contracts with people. Then start programming
> purely as a hobby, until you actually master the craft.

This is a sentiment I can heartily endorse. Far better than puerile
jeers and hostile desires for violence.

Please, everyone in this thread needs to keep in mind our host's
Diversity Statement:

    The Python Software Foundation and the global Python community
    welcome and encourage participation by everyone. Our community is
    based on mutual respect, tolerance, and encouragement, and we are
    working to help each other live up to these principles. We want our
    community to be more diverse: whoever you are, and whatever your
    background, we welcome you.

Let's keep all discussions here close to those principles.

--
 \      “The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're |
  `\                       still a rat.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily Tomlin |