UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

Νίκος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 18:36:42 EDT 2013

Στις 1/10/2013 1:29 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγραψε:
> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Νίκος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Στις 30/9/2013 5:45 μμ, ο/η Mark Lawrence έγραψε:
>>> Absolutely hilarious.  Please give up your web work and Python and get a
>>> job writing scripts for comedians, you'd make a large fortune.
>>

>> I learn Python for personal pleasure because i like programming.
>> Perhaps it would be even better if you quit spamming my thread with your
>> "funny" quotes.
>
> Then maybe you should keep to programming for personal pleasure and
> stop trying to make it part of your business. Most of your problems
> stem from a perceived urgency - you panic, because you have stupidly
> edited your live code again, and come to this list begging for help.
> If you were coding purely for pleasure, your problems would not lose
> you customers, and you could deal with issues calmly.
>
> To be quite frank, I think you SHOULD lose customers. Suppose you buy
> a piece of furniture from some small-time carpenter, and the moving
> parts are stuck, it wobbles on its legs, and if anyone uses it who
> isn't American, it crashes to the floor (which is how your Unicode
> issues make you look). You go and complain, loudly, in front of people
> who were looking at his wares and considering buying. He might lose
> customers because of your complaint - but if he's selling a dodgy
> product, he *should* lose customers. Carpentry for pleasure, or
> programming for pleasure, is a fine thing to do, but it should not be
> considered business.
>
> Nikos, I sincerely hope that all these problems cause you to go out of
> business. Preferably right now, with just enough maintenance to last
> till the end of your contracts with people. Then start programming
> purely as a hobby, until you actually master the craft.

I learn during the process.
That's how i deal with the situation.
I challedge my self and then try to confront the given situation _live_.

It's not wise to do so, but that how i operate.
Apart form that my customer's webistes have no problems, everyhting i do
its domain specific, my domain, DNS and Mail issues for my domain, i
don't play with customer's settings and data.

I have a good sense _not_ to fiddle with their accounts(except from the
time that i have taken the risk to give you root access to helo me with
a python issue, and you've "helped" me appropiately).