Basic Python Questions - Oct. 31, 2013

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 07:30:44 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM, E.D.G. <edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Posted by E.D.G. October 31, 2013

no need to write that.

> Hi Chris,
>
>       Thanks for the responses. Several of my questions were answered.
>
>       The calculation speed question just involves relatively simple math
> such as multiplications and divisions and trig calculations such as sin and
> tan etc. Presently I am using Perl to do those types of calculations. And I
> am starting to run into problems with how long it takes Perl to do thousands
> and even millions of calculations like that even though they are relatively
> simple.

I suggest that you try Python out yourself, on your data.  I can’t

>       The version of Perl that I am presently using has the usual Print
> statements for printing to the Perl program window.  It sends Windows
> programs or files information in the following manner:
>
> Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("The text within these two parentheses marks will
> print as text in an active Notepad window.");
>
>       It would be my guess that Python has some type of statement like that.

Looks like you want something like [0] (requires pywin32 from [1]).

[0]: http://win32com.goermezer.de/content/view/136/254/
[1]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build%20218/

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://kwpolska.tk>