Basic Python Questions - Oct. 31, 2013

E.D.G. edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 31 06:38:48 EDT 2013

Posted by E.D.G. October 31, 2013

Hi Chris,

       Thanks for the responses. Several of my questions were answered.

       The calculation speed question just involves relatively simple math
such as multiplications and divisions and trig calculations such as sin and
tan etc. Presently I am using Perl to do those types of calculations. And I
am starting to run into problems with how long it takes Perl to do thousands
and even millions of calculations like that even though they are relatively
simple.

       The version of Perl that I am presently using has the usual Print
statements for printing to the Perl program window.  It sends Windows
programs or files information in the following manner:

Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("The text within these two parentheses marks will
print as text in an active Notepad window.");

       It would be my guess that Python has some type of statement like
that.