Cookie fucking problem

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Oct 28 03:44:50 EDT 2013

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 14:30:52 +0100, Antoon Pardon wrote:

> Op 26-10-13 23:43, Ben Finney schreef:
>> Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>> I could almost feel sorry for you.  But the more of your time I waste
>>> the longer it'll take you to get your website working.
>>
>> Feel free to occupy your time with baiting Nikos. But *do not* do it in
>> this forum.
>
> Would you mind telling this to others too. AFAICS Chris Angelico is just
> as much baiting Nikos, as Mark Lawrence is.

Chris is not baiting Nikos, he is giving him useful information that
unfortunately Nikos doesn't want to hear. There is a difference between
the answer you want and the answer you need.

> But I don't see you reacting
> to Chris. So it seems you don't have a problem so much with baiting as
> long as the baiting is done in a way you find acceptable.
>
> Personnaly I don't see much difference between the two, so if you allow
> Chris baiting Nikos, I don't see why Mark should hold back.

Here's an analogy:

Person A: "Clean my room for me!"
Person B: "No. Clean it yourself. Here's the vacuum cleaner."
Person A: "CLEAN MY ROOM!!!"
Person B: "No. You made the mess, you're old enough to clean it yourself."

Person A: "Clean my room for me!"
Person C: "You're stupid and ugly and I hope you die!"

Do you see the difference yet?

--
Steven