Don't use default Google Group client (was re:....)

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 19:44:45 EDT 2013

On 10/25/2013 02:05 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 10/25/2013 2:57 PM, Peter Cacioppi wrote:
>> The default
>> Google Group client is notoriously cruddy with quotes attribution.
>
> So don't use it. Get any decent newsreader, such as Thunderbird, and
> access the list at news.gmane.org as gmane.comp.python.general.

Peter, you can ignore Terry's "advice" if Google Groups works for you.
There are a small number of Google haters here who seem larger due to
their obnoxious noisiness.

I've been using Google Groups to post here for many years and with a
little care it is usable without annoying anyone except a few drooling
fanatics.  All access methods have pros and cons (and I've posted here
about many of TB numerous cons) so if the usability tradeoff favors
GG for you (or anyone else) I recommend you not be intimidated by
the anti-GG goon squad.