Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:31:06 EDT 2013

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 23:48:12 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 18:06:05 +0000, Denis McMahon wrote:
>
>> Find the relevant forums and ask in them.
>
> In fairness to Nikos, that may not be an easy thing to do. I for one
> have *no idea* where to find an appropriate forum to learn about these
> sorts of web basics. comp.protocol.http doesn't exist :-)

If Nikos wants to write programs that communicate using internet
protocols, Nikos really needs to learn where internet protocols are
defined, how to read and interpret those protocol definitions, and how to
check that the data he's sending or receiving is the data that he thinks
he's sending or receiving.

Just as, if Nikos wants to generate web pages using HTML markup, Nikos
needs to learn where HTML markup is defined.

There's no easy path to this knowledge. For some of us, it's been a 30 or
more year journey so far and we're still learning (I'm into year 36,
having started at the age of 14 and turning 51 in seven weeks).

If Nikos can't even figure out the right queries to feed into a search
engine to get started on such matters as looking at the cookie jar in a
browser or enabling cookie logging on a server, then he probably
shouldn't be trying to code at this level.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com